J&T Express Malaysia Terms and Conditions for Shipping
When using J&T Express (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd (hereinafter refer to as “J&T Malaysia”) services i.e. shipment, you (hereinafter refer to as “Sender”), are agreeing, on your behalf and on behalf of the receiver of the shipment (hereinafter refer to as “Receiver”) and anyone else with an interest in the shipment that these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
Such agreement from Sender’s on behalf of Receiver includes agreement express, implied or ostensibly obtained verbally or otherwise and made on behalf of Receiver.
We reserve the right to, including but not limited to amend, change, modify the contents of Terms and Conditions at our discretion from time to time. Amendments or any changes will be effective immediately upon notification on this Web Site. Your continued use of the web site and/or J&T Malaysia services following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
This terms and conditions shall be applicable for both domestic and international shipment, unless specifically stated otherwise.
1.1) The Sender shall be responsible for the proper packaging of goods, labelling and intact packaging, in line with the safety requirements and in accordance with the courier standards to go through the transportation process to ensure the safety of goods.
1.2) Sender is solely responsible to ensure that proper packaging is used and that contents are adequately and securely packed, wrapped and cushioned for transportation.
1.3) The Sender shall, at Sender’s best endeavors, to follow these Basic Packaging Guidelines & Principles as follows:-
The Sender has the responsibility to understand and comprehend the importance to completely fill empty space within the box to avoid contents moving during transit which can cause damage to both contents and box. The following serves as a minimal guide should the packaging be done at Sender’s end:-
1.4) The use of J&T Malaysia-provided packaging (including but not limited to materials, supplies and assistance) is not a guarantee that an item is sufficiently packaged for transportation. J&T Malaysia will not be liable (for any breach of Condition 1 above) for direct or indirect losses on any damages or losses that are caused by packaging problems.
2.1) Declaration of Sender are based on an utmost good faith basis.
2.2) Senders must reveal to J&T Malaysia all important information including but not limited to the actual value and description of package(s) and/or content(s).
2.3) Sender shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the particulars and for ensuring that all shipments set out adequate contact details for the Sender and Receiver of the shipment and that they are so packed, marked and/or labelled, their contents so described and classified and are accompanied by such documentation as may (in each case) be necessary to make them suitable for transportation.
2.4) J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for any claim or freight charges or any other costs for, including but not limited to, any false, misrepresentation, inconsistent, misleading, illegal, incomplete and/or complex statement.
2.5) Senders shall indemnify and hold J&T Malaysia harmless from any loss or damages arising out of Sender’s breach of Condition 2 above and free from any legal liability arising from Senders failures to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
3.1) Posting of original and/or official documents, including but not limited to the following important documents:
(a) MyKad; (b) Passport; (c) Birth certificate/marriage certificate; (d) Cheque book; (e) Quit rent & assessment; (f) Academic certificate; (g) Agreements and legal documents or other important documents will be delivered at risks borne solely by the senders.
3.2) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of important and/or original documents. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued)
3.3) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the lost and/or damage of any original and/or official documents.
4.1) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for lost and/or damage for all Shipments containing item(s) that have fluctuating price tag and/or items with, including but not limited to , value of sentimental, artistic, antique or anything thing similar in nature such as heirlooms, paintings, drawing, antiques and jewellery.
4.2) For avoidance of doubt, items that are unable have a determined / conclusive price based on J&T Malaysia’s sole discretion are excluded and forms part of Condition 4.1 above.
4.3) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of items above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued)
5.1) J&T Malaysia disclaims the postage of any dangerous or restricted items or any items prohibited by J&T Malaysia or the relevant authorities. Please refer to www.jtexpress.my for the list of dangerous and prohibited items (including but not limited to bodies or parts of bodies, bodies of animals or animals, drugs, weapons, ammunition, combustible items, high-value artworks, money, metals, high value jewelleries) before shipping.
5.2) J&T Malaysia also shall not accept any shipment if it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) or by any other regulation or laws which is imposed by the country of the Receiver. For international shipment, customer may refer to a list of prohibited items at:
a. Singapore: https://www.jtexpress.sg/terms-conditions
5.3) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to refuse deliveries if it finds or discovers any dangerous or prohibited items in the contents of the package(s) and/or part of it.
5.4) Once J&T Malaysia has discovered any odour items, perishable items, prohibited items and/or dangerous goods in the shipment(s), which makes it impossible to fulfil the conditions of transit, J&T Malaysia will evaluate the items’ condition and shall retain the right to dispose it accordingly without further reference to the Sender and the Receiver.
5.5) J&T Malaysia is not liable in any way whatsoever for any direct and/or consequential claims in damages, lost and/or delay of shipment if the item is deferred, detained, withheld, returned to sender, or was not processed because it contains or consists of dangerous goods or prohibited postings, regardless of whether the item was intentionally or unintentionally sent by the sender or received by J&T Malaysia.
5.6) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to amend or change the classes of goods or items which are categorised as Dangerous Goods or Prohibited Items at any time without prior notice.
6.1) Sender is responsible to ensure all the necessary or required approvals, permissions and clearances have been obtained from all relevant authorities and the posting of the dangerous goods and/or prohibited items have been declared and accompanied with all original supporting documents evidencing the said approval, permission and clearance (Example: Declaration Form for dangerous goods and prohibited items).
6.2) The Sender is responsible to ensure that the posting is accompanied with complete supporting documents.
6.3) Duty rest solely on the Sender where Sender shall provide required documentation for customs clearance. By providing required documentation, the Sender certifies that all statements and information relating to exportation and importation are true and correct.
6.4) Sender understands that J&T Malaysia is subjected to security screening and clearing procedures by the local airport police and relevant authorities in accordance with local law, and that civil and criminal penalties, including forfeiture and sale, may be imposed for making false or fraudulent statements or consigning explosives or explosive devices without lawful authority.
6.5) Customs penalties, storage charges, or other expenses incurred as a result of an action by customs or failure by the Sender or Receiver to provide proper documentation or to obtain a required license or permit will be charged to the receiver along with any applicable duty or tax.
6.6) The sender shall be liable in the event of non-payment by the receiver.
6.7) J&T Malaysia shall abandon the parcel if the Sender fails to pay the duty and tax within three (3) calendar days from the date of notification, or did not provide the documents as required by the Custom or the relevant authorities within seven (7) calendar days.
6.8) J&T Malaysia may charge extra cost on the Receiver due to the fact that there will be tax threshold imposed in selected countries for the posting of any restricted or control item.
6.9) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any claim for the refund of postage fees, claim for loss, damage and/or lost or any other loss directly or indirectly in the event of breach of the above mentioned and/or that the said items have been posted or has been received to be posted intentionally or unintentionally.
6.10) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of items above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued)
7.1) In addition to other terms and condition listed, the Sender is responsible for all posted items, including but not limited to, liquids, creams, lotions, or cosmetics that may be at risk of rupture, as well as easily perishable food and/or any other forms of food that may be harmful to other items.
7.2) The sender is also responsible for any fraudulent/ fragile and valuable items including but not limited to watches and glass items sent.
7.3) J&T Malaysia does not provide a protective service for the transportation of perishable commodities or commodities requiring protection from heat or cold. Such commodities susceptible to change of temperature will be accepted for transportation solely at the Sender risk for any damage arising from the transportation.
7.4) J&T Malaysia is not responsible for any costs of posting, direct or indirect damages or lost, regardless of whether the item was sent by the customer or received by J&T Malaysia, intentionally or unintentionally.
7.5) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any direct or indirect costs and/or damages or lost on the aforesaid items if the appearance/ surface of the package or label is not damaged.
7.6) The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of items or items similar in nature above. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued)
8.1) J&T Malaysia may perform any of the following activities on Sender’s or Receiver’s behalf in order to provide its services:-
a. Complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any default duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations (“Customs Duties”)
b. Act as Sender’s forwarding agent for customs and export control purposes and as Receiver solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry
8.2) J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for the delay in the performance of its obligations as transit time might be affected due to customs clearance procedure.
9.1) J&T Malaysia reserves the right but is not obliged, to open and inspect any shipment tendered to it for transportation without notice for safety, security, customs or other regulatory reasons. Such action is necessary in ensuring that the parcel does not contain any prohibited item which violates the national law of the country.
10.1 The dimensional weight, dimensional limit and the actual weight limit of the parcel is stated in the following: -
Length (cm) × Width (cm) × Height (cm)
Length (cm) × Width (cm) × Height (cm)
Land freight parcel: -
(i) Longest side must not more than 150cm; and
(ii) Length + Width + Height must not more than 300cm.
Length × width × height shall not be more than 90cm×90cm×90cm
Air freight parcel: -
Length × Width × Height must not more than 90cm×90cm×90cm
Land freight parcel: Actual weight of the parcel shall not be more than 70kg
Actual Weight Limit
Actual weight of the parcel shall not exceed 30kg.
Air freight parcel: Actual weight of the parcel shall not be more than 35kg
Remark: The results of the calculation will be converted into kilograms (KG) and compared to the actual weight of the package. Shipping charges will be based on the total actual weight or the total dimensional weight, whichever is higher.
10.2) Any piece may be re-weighed and re-measured by J&T Malaysia to confirm this calculation and any action taken by J&T Malaysia shall be at its sole discretion.
10.3) Sender, or the Receiver when J&T Malaysia acts on Receiver’s behalf, shall pay or reimburse J&T Malaysia for all Shipment or other charges due, or Customs Duties owed for services provided by J&T Malaysia or incurred by J&T Malaysia on Sender’s or Receiver’s behalf.
10.4) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to request for payment of Customs Duties prior to delivery.
11.1) In addition to Condition 2 and to all the other condition listed in Terms and Conditions (whichever applicable), the following shall form part of the agreement and/or serves as a notice to the Sender:-
11.2) If Sender has an extremely time-sensitive shipment, the loss or delay of which may result in consequential damages, the sender shall contact his own insurance agent or broker to insure against such risks, as J&T Malaysia does not assume such liabilities. J&T Malaysia does not provide and will not arrange such insurance for the same.
11.3) J&T Malaysia will not be responsible for the insurance claim if the contents and value of the item conflict with the declared value. Any damage or loss to the content or part of the item so insured by the insurance shall be limited to any value determined by J&T Malaysia and/or by the J&T Malaysia’s insurer.
12.1) Provided that the Receiver’s address is complete and accurate, J&T Malaysia will ensure the item is delivered in accordance with the delivery time efficiency standard.
12.2) J&T Malaysia is only responsible for delivery to the recipient's address written on the waybill.
12.3) Once the Receiver has no further objection upon receiving of item, the item is considered successfully delivered and J&T Malaysia is considered released from the obligation and shall not be responsible for any loss and/or damages afterwards.
12.4) In the event if the Receiver is not in the premise to receive the delivered item upon courier arrives, the item will be kept at J&T Malaysia branch for a certain period determined by J&T Malaysia. More details can be referred to our website www.jtexpress.my. The period to keep the unclaimed item is deemed as storage period. J&T Malaysia will make two (2) attempts to deliver the said item to recipient or recipient may collect the item from J&T Malaysia branch within storage period. The item will be returned to the Sender after storage period. Any costs of direct or indirect damages or lost to the item or its contents arising during storage period is not the responsibility of J&T Malaysia.
13.1) In the event J&T Malaysia is made aware that any shipment does not meet any of the listed restrictions or conditions, J&T Malaysia reserve the right to refuse shipment and if the said shipment is in progress, J&T Malaysia may suspend and hold the shipment.
13.2) J&T Malaysia also reserves the right to refuse to provide service, among other reasons, for any shipment which by reason of the character of its contents may, in the sole discretion of J&T Malaysia, soil, taint, or otherwise damage other shipments or J&T Malaysia own equipment or assets, or which is improperly or insecurely packed or wrapped.
13.3) J&T Malaysia reserves the right either to refuse to provide service for any shipment to or from any location, or to provide alternative service arrangements, when, among other reasons, J&T Malaysia, in its sole discretion, deems that it is unsafe or economically or operationally impracticable to provide service.
13.4) J&T Malaysia also reserves the right to suspend transportation of any shipment if:-
13.5) The sender shall bear the payment of all charges, calculated in accordance with the then current J&T Malaysia rates, caused by such suspension of transportation, including, but not limited to, forwarding, disposal, or return of transportation charges as well as any duty or tax, if applicable.
13.6) Sender shall be responsible for the reasonable costs and expenses of J&T Malaysia (including storage), for such losses, taxes and customs duties as J&T Malaysia may suffer and for all claims made against J&T Malaysia because a shipment does not meet any of the restrictions or conditions listed herein or because of any refusal or suspension of carriage or return of a shipment by J&T Malaysia pursuant to these terms.
13.7) J&T Malaysia will not be liable or responsible for the loss of or damage to any shipment, the contents of which J&T Malaysia is not authorised to accept, which J&T Malaysia states it will not accept, or which J&T Malaysia has a right to refuse.
13.8) Pursuant to Condition 13.7, in the event J&T Malaysia suspends service as set forth in these terms, the payer of any transportation charges shall not be entitled to a refund. Acceptance for shipment that J&T Malaysia does not accept for transportation or which Sender are prohibited from shipping, does not constitute a waiver of any provisions of these terms.
14.1) If J&T Malaysia is unable to start or continue with delivery of the Sender’s shipment for a reason beyond its control, the Sender will not be able to claim that J&T Malaysia is in breach of its agreement with the sender but J&T Malaysia will take reasonable steps that are reasonably practicable in the circumstances to commence or continue the delivery.
14.2) J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any interruption of service due to causes beyond J&T Malaysia control including, but not limited to:
14.3) J&T Malaysia will not act as the representative for the Sender or the Receiver in any dealings with the custom or any relevant authorities that detained or seized the shipped items; Sender and/or Receiver is fully responsible to liaise the custom or any relevant authorities at the moment such detainment or suspension of the shipment take place.en
J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any of the following events, but not limited to: any form of indirect loss, consequential damages, other indirect costs, loss of contract opportunities, loss of profits or income or cost incurred by delays, damage or loss of content or part of content, regardless of whether J&T Malaysia has the knowledge of the content during drop off or caused by J&T Malaysia’s negligence.
16.1) Claim on damage/lost to the parcel or its content can only be claimed by the Sender or the representative of the Sender who has been authorised in writing by the Sender. The claim request together with required physical and effective proof and any other necessary documents for damages or lost must be completely filled up and submitted within 48 hours upon receiving of the items. The required documents include but not limited to (a) claim request form (b) Copy of bank account statement (c) Copy of the consignment bill (d) Original tax invoice from Supplier to verify actual price of the content (e) Tax invoice of consignment bill (if have) (f) Copy Identity card of applicant which has been certified true copy or a copy of business registration certificate (SSM) if the claimant is a business entity (g) Insurance claim form and documents required by insurance company (for insured items) (h) declaration form (only applicable for international shipment) (i) Any other required supporting documents, and submitted to the nearest J&T Malaysia branch or email to customer service centre of J&T Malaysia at firstname.lastname@example.org
16.2) Notwithstanding the claims’ documents listed in Condition 16.1, the list is non-exhaustive and J&T Malaysia reserve the right to obtain further documents to facilitate the investigation of the claim request.
16.3) Non-cooperation by the Sender such as incomplete submission of documents, breach of the 48hours deadline, non-respond from Sender shall be deemed prejudicial J&T Malaysia and J&T Malaysia reserve the rights to reject the claim request.
16.4) J&T Malaysia reserves the right to refuse any claim if the complainant is unable to verify or unable to provide sufficient evidence that the damage/lost occurred under J&T Malaysia 's control.
16.5) The compensation/claim is only limited to Condition 17.
16.6) Insured items will only be able to claim insurance with completely comply to terms and conditions of insurance company as well as those listed herein.
16.7) Claims are limited to one claim per shipment, settlement of which will be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith.
16.8) J&T Malaysia shall have no liability in connection with any shipment unless legal proceedings are brought and written notice of them is given to it within six (6) months after delivery of the goods concerned or, in the case of non-delivery, within six (6) months from the scheduled date for delivery.
17.1) For domestic shipment, J&T Malaysia shall only be liable for the direct losses for damaged or lost items, but is limited to the following:
17.2) For international shipment, the actual amount of loss or damages is based on the actual value of the content as stated on purchase invoice of damaged or lost items or a maximum of RM400.00 for each international shipment, whichever is lower.
17.3) For domestic shipment, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM100 for domestic shipments, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing 2.0 kg and below; whilst for each consignment note with contents weighing 2.01 kg and above, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM300.00 for domestic shipments, whichever is lower.
17.4) For international shipment, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM400.00 for each international shipment, whichever is lower.
17.5) The Sender has to insure their item with insurance if the total value of item exceeded the limit of compensation covered by J&T Malaysia. The Sender shall proceed their claim through insurance if they have insured their items and the above clause 17(a) and (b) shall not be applicable for insured items.
17.6) Sender undertakes that Sender will not seek to recover and shall not be entitled to recover from J&T Express or to be indemnified by J&T Express in respect of any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or against any claims, proceedings, costs, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever sustained, incurred or paid by you in respect of any use of J&T Express service.
This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of the country of origin of the Shipment and Sender shall irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, unless contrary to applicable law.
If one of the above terms and condition is void, it does not preclude the other terms which contained in this terms and condition to be void. All the rules are subjected to the subject matter of the above terms and condition. J&T Malaysia reserves the rights to use the regulation and general terms and conditions which have been approved by J&T Malaysia even though it is not specified in this terms and condition. Please visit www.jtexpress.my for additional details of the terms and conditions.
The following notes forms part of this Terms and Conditions:-
This disclaimer, set out in these terms and conditions, does not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
Last modified date: 15 September 2020
This Terms and Conditions governs the use of this Website. By browsing, assessing or viewing this Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept to this Terms and Conditions, you should refrain from using this Website.
Terms & Conditions - Website
The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” in this terms and conditions are a reference to J&T Express (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Company No: 1263493-K) with business address at 19th Floor, Mercu 3, KL Eco City, Kampung Haji Abdullah Hukum, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Malaysia.
The terms “clients”, “you” and “your” refer to you, the person who assessing to this Website and agree to the Company’s terms and conditions.
The term Website refers to this website which shall include all the materials in this website, included but does not limited to text, graphics, logos, icons, software, information, data, features, sound recordings, derivative works and contents thereof.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage, which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this Website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use on or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this Website. We do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Website.
You are advised to exercise your own precautions to ensure that you will not expose yourself to the risk of virus, malicious computer code or any form of interface which may damage your computer system while assessing or browsing to this Website. J&T Express (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and its affiliates shall not be liable for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises with your use of this Website.
This terms and conditions is subjected to amend from time to time without prior notice. Your continued usage of this Website will represent an agreement by you to be bound by this Terms and Conditions as amended.
Restrictions on use of this Website
You shall ensure that you and your other person shall not:
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless J&T Express (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and its affiliates from any and all claims arising out of your breach of any of these terms and conditions and any of your activities conducted in connection with this Website.
Copyright and other intellectual property in this Website is owned and licensed by us. Any unauthorised use of any of the materials stored in this Website, whether it is by way of reproducing, reverse engineering, storing, distributing, displaying, performing, publishing, commercialising and any other form of infringement by yourself may violate copyright, trademark and other relevant law. No right, title, or interest in this Website, any content on the Website, or any services or processes or technology described on this Website is transferred to you.
The access to this Website may be terminated or suspended at any time without prior notice. Upon such termination, you must immediately (a) discontinue use of the Website and (b) destroy any copies that you have made in pursuant of any portion of the Website. Take notice that accessing the Website after such termination will constitute an act of trespass.
We shall not be liable to you for any of the failure, interruption or delay which arises out of the force majeure events or any other circumstances which are beyond our control, which include but does not limited to war, rebellion, civil commotion, strikes, industrial disputes, fire, earthquakes, flood, drought, failure of the internet or Website, interruption to the internet or Website or any other problem associates with the interruption of transmission of information to the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Terms and Conditions are governed by the law in force in Malaysia. All legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to the Website or this Terms and Conditions shall be instituted exclusively in the courts of Malaysia.
Terms & Conditions - Contest & Campaigns
These general terms and conditions for J&T Express Malaysia shall apply together with the specific terms and conditions set out in each campaign by J&T Express. In the event of conflict or discrepancy between these general terms and conditions and the specific terms and conditions for a particular campaign, the latter shall prevail.
1. By participating in a campaign, the participant conclusively agrees to be bound by the terms herein and all other relevant terms and conditions governing the use of any J&T Express Malaysia services in relation to the campaign.
2. Unless otherwise stated, all campaigns organized by J&T Express Malaysia; referred to as "J&T Express and/or JNT Express and/or JT Express."
3. J&T Express Malaysia reserves the right to cancel or amend the campaign at any time and without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation or amendment to the campaign by J&T Express Malaysia shall not entitle the participant to any claim or compensation against/from J&T Express Malaysia for any loss or damage suffered by the participant (regardless of the cause of action) as a direct or indirect result of the aforementioned cancellation or amendment to the campaign. The participant agrees not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the campaign and/or prevent others from entering a campaign.
4. The participant warrants that the entries do not misrepresent an association or connection to some person, brand or thing that it does not actually have, and is not defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin, gender or sexual preference, or is otherwise inappropriate or unfit for publication.
5. Where the entry submitted by the participant contains third party intellectual property rights, the participant shall ensure that the participant has obtained the relevant license or ownership for the same from the relevant intellectual property rights owner and the participant shall ensure that the entries do not otherwise infringe any third party 's intellectual property rights.
6. J&T Express Malaysia shall not in any way be liable for any such infringement and the participant shall indemnify and keep J&T Express Malaysia and its associated companies, directors, employees, and/or agents harmless from such claims.
7. J&T Express Malaysia and its associated companies, directors, employees and/or agents shall not be liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorized access to campaign entries, or campaign entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, telecommunication malfunction, technical issues, virus, bugs or other courier services and typical services error causes beyond J&T Express Malaysia's control.
8. All claims for prizes must be made in the manner stipulated in the specific campaign terms and conditions. J&T Express Malaysia reserves the right to cancel/withdraw/amend prizes at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
9. All prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for cash. Per prize winning is only eligible per genuine submission.
10. J&T Express Malaysia's decision in relation to the prize winner shall be final and binding.
11. In the event of any dispute regarding a campaign, the rules governing the campaign, conduct, results, prizes and all other matters relating to a campaign, J&T Express Malaysia's decision shall be final and binding on the campaign's participants and no correspondence or discussion shall be entertained.
12. The prize winner agrees that he/she will bear any applicable taxes, insurance and other expenses that may be applicable in relation to the prize, except where otherwise stated in the terms and conditions for a specific campaign.
13. J&T Express Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify participants and/or revoke the
prize (at any stage of the campaign) if:
a. The participants are ineligible or does not meet any of the eligibility criteria; or
b. The participant breaches of the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of
the campaign or violated any applicable laws or regulations; or
c. In J&T Express ’s sole determination, it believes that the participant has attempted to
undermine the operation of the campaign by fraud, cheating or deception.
14. In the event of a disqualification after the prize has been awarded, J&T Express reserves the right to demand for the return of the prize or payment of its value from the ineligible participant.
15. Whilst J&T Express will endeavor to conduct necessary verifications on the eligibility
of contestants, failure to disqualify any ineligible participants shall not be deemed a breach by J&T Express.
16. J&T Express Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with a campaign, even if J&T Express Malaysia has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
17. By participating in a campaign, the participant (and the participant's parent/legal guardian, where the participant is minor)irrevocably agrees to release and hold harmless J&T Express Malaysia and its associate companies, directors, employees, advisors and/or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the campaign and/or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or travel to or from any prize-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
18. Employees of the company, the contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons involved are not eligible to participate and win contests organized J&T Express Malaysia.
19. J&T Express Malaysia shall not be responsible for incidents of virus attacks and/or any other malicious software infection to a Participant's mobile phone or device arising as a result of participating in a campaign.
20. J&T Express Malaysia does not warrant that a campaign shall be uninterrupted and/or error free.
21. By participating in the campaign, the participant hereby acknowledges and irrevocably agrees that J&T Express Malaysia shall not in any manner be liable for any interruption and/or error relating to or arising from the campaign.
22. J&T Express Malaysia and any of its trademarks, service marks, symbols, and captions are trademarks of J&T Express Malaysia and/or its associated companies. Where relevant, third parties' product and service names profiled in a campaign are trademarks and service marks of their respective companies. Nothing contained herein or in the campaign shall be construed as conferring a license of J&T Express Malaysia or the said third parties' intellectual property rights to the participant or any other party.
23. Where relevant, a campaign may make reference to a third party's product and/or service. Nothing shall be construed as J&T Express Malaysia endorsing the use of any third parties' product or service by the participant and the use thereof shall be at the participant's own risk and J&T Express Malaysia shall not be liable for the same.
24. The participant hereby irrevocably agrees and gives consent to J&T Express Malaysia to use the information or publish any related matter connected to the entries including and not limited to the participant's name, and photographs for current and future advertising and promotional purposes, without additional consideration and limitation in time or territory and in any media. Where a participant's entry(ies) for a campaign contains data belonging to a third party, the participant shall obtain consent of the third party prior to submission of entry(ies). Unless otherwise stated, all entries of the campaign shall become the property of J&T Express Malaysia.
These general terms and conditions for J&T Express Malaysia campaigns and the specific terms and conditions set out in each campaign shall be governed by Malaysian law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
Determination of Shipping Charges
Dimensional weight is determined by using by J&T Express Malaysia volumetric standard as follows:
The results of the calculation will be converted into kilograms (KG) and compared to the actual weight of the actual package. Shipping charges will be based on the total actual weight or the total dimensional weight, whichever is greater.
We have a list of outskirt delivery areas which we may not be able to deliver or might cause delay for delivery due to transportation availability, locality area, and islands.
Senders may change their receiver's address by contacting 1300-80-9000. Each changes are chargeable and prices varies according to area postal code.
LIST OF OUTSKIRT DELIVERY AREA (DOMESTIC)
(*) Remark: CP=Collection Point, Collection Point does not provide delivery service, customer need to self-collect parcel.
Next Day Delivery
1) In accordance with the Next Day Delivery Services, J&T Malaysia shall commit to perform the delivery of the parcel within the next day in designated serviceable areas in Malaysia (exclude all remote areas).
2) This Next Day Delivery Services shall only be applicable for all walk-in customers.
3) The Sender may drop off the Shipment at any J&T Drop Point, Courier Point or Premium Courier Point before 5pm and J&T Malaysia promises to get it delivered before 23:59 the next day (Exclusion if next day is a Public Holiday).
4) This Next Day Delivery Services shall only be applicable for walk in by cash payment method and DFOD is not accepted. The Sender has to top up with an additional RM 3.00 per shipment in order to enjoy this Next Day Delivery Services.
5) Important Documents Deliveries
5.1. Posting of original and/or official documents, including but not limited to the following important documents:
(a) MyKad; (b) Passport; (c) Birth certificate/marriage certificate; (d) Cheque book; (e) Quit rent & assessment; (f) Academic certificate; (g) Agreements and legal documents or other important documents will be delivered at risks borne solely by the senders.
5.2. The Sender shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of important and/or original documents. In the event of accidental purchase of insurance coverage, be it due to Sender and/or J&T Malaysia mistake or misunderstanding, such coverage will be void ab initio and the insurance fee collected shall be refunded (without interest accrued).
5.3. J&T Malaysia shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the lost and/or damage of any original and/or official documents.
6) In order for the Sender to be eligible for the Next Day Delivery Services, the Sender shall comply with the following parcel limitation:
6.1. Actual weight of the parcel shall be below 5kg, whereas for the dimensional limit, the single side shall not be more than 30cm;
6.2. Outer layer of the parcel shall not contain sharp or uneven surface;
6.3. Thin and long fragile item excluded.
6.4. Except as expressly stated in this Terms and Conditions, other limitations and prohibitions, as stated in the J&T Terms and Conditions of Services and Deliveries shall apply mutatis mutandis with this J&T Next Day Delivery Services.
7) J&T Malaysia will, upon the Sender's request and subject to the restrictions described below, provide a credit or a refund of the total shipping fee, which includes the additional top up amount paid by the Sender for J&T Next Day Delivery Services delivery shipment, that is delivered later than J&T's quoted delivery commitment. Money back Guarantee with term and condition applied.
7.1. The Guarantee is exclusive of all other items, including, without limitation, fines, or other charges or amounts, and transportation charges resulting from returned shipments.
7.2. Customer shall notify J&T of any claim for late delivery, by telephone 1300-80-9000, within fourteen (14) calendar days of the shipment date and provide J&T with the sender’s name and company name (if any), the waybill number, Identity card number, the date of shipment, contact number as on waybill , clear copy of J&T receipt/invoice, complete receiver information and credit reimbursement bank account.
Within 30 calendar days after customer had notified J&T, J&T shall either:
8) Sender may not permit any other party to notify claims on its behalf nor assign claims to any other party. Payment by J&T Malaysia of the shipping fees refund to the Sender shall constitute a full release of J&T’s obligations for any delay under the Guarantee.
9) The Guarantee will not apply where late delivery or failure to deliver is due to circumstances beyond J&T’s control, as set out in the J&T Terms and Conditions of Services and Deliveries and including but not limited to the movement restrictions enforced by the government such as Movement Control Order, natural disaster, bad weather conditions, inaccurate or incomplete shipment information, delivery instructions or information (such as P.O. Box for receiver address, missing or inaccurate receiver telephone number), or receiver’s request for delay, request to change delivery address, office or shoplot has closed or does not operate, or unavailability or refusal of the receiver to accept delivery.
10) Unless expressly stated in this Next Day Delivery Services Guarantee, all other provisions of J&T Terms and Conditions of Services and Deliveries shall apply. The Guarantee is subject to modification or cancellation by J&T Malaysia at any time.
This Terms and Condition is effective on 1st January 2021 and J&T Malaysia reserves the right to amend, change, or modify the contents of this Terms and Conditions at the Company’s discretion from time to time without further notice.
This Terms and Condition is effective from 18th January 2021 and J&T Malaysia reserves the right to amend, change, or modify the contents of this Terms and Conditions at the Company’s discretion from time to time without further notice.